BeeComm is an online beekeeping community for small-scale and backyard beekeepers. We believe in a kinder, gentler approach to beekeeping and the ability of small-scale beekeepers to adopt and innovate best management practices rooted in honeybee biology and behaviour.
Join The Bee Community for free to connect with link-minded beekeepers and find classes, in-person training opportunities, and networking events. Manage your honeybees using techniques that align with nature.
We offer a variety of beekeeping courses, beekeeping certificates, and networking groups to support your beekeeping practice.
Why You Should Join The Bee Community
- Learn about honeybee biology and behaviour.
- Learn about keeping bees in your backyard.
- Earn a Beekeeping Certificate to keep bees in your community.
- Find resources and connect with like-minded beekeepers.
- Join a supportive beekeeping community that elevates its members through resource and knowledge sharing.
Our Guiding Values
We understand that beekeeping is an ongoing learning experience and that the amount of (often conflicting) information and advice is overwhelming. That’s why we emphasize honeybees’ biology and natural behaviour – nobody knows how to keep bees better than bees.
- Honeybee health over honey production.
- Managing colonies using techniques that align with the biology and natural behaviour of honeybees.
- Supporting experimentation and innovation within the small-scale beekeeping community.
- Adopting an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to disease through monitoring, prevention, and treatment.
- Applying cultural controls of pests and diseases over synthetic treatment options whenever possible.
- Honouring and building up locally adapted honeybee genetics.
- Building a supportive beekeeping community that elevates its members by sharing resources and knowledge.