The Top-Quilt box separates the colony and roof with a 1/8th-inch hardware mesh and provides a breathable, well-insulated roof when filled with bedding such as straw or woodchips. The top-quilt allows moisture to escape the hive while retaining heat.
Top Quilt comes complete with built-in top entrance with a two-inch landing board and entrance reducer.
- Increases winter survival rates
- Sheds the elements
- Provides winter and summer insulation
- Prevents condensation inside the hive
- Allows excess moisture to escape
- Easily lift off the roof to reveal the top quilt and bedding without disturbing the bees
- Check or changed bedding at any time without opening your hive