Adding a Warre quilt-box to your ten-frame langstroth hive provides a balance of ventilation and insulation for your bees in a stylish Warre style roof.
The quilt-box separates the hive and roof with a 1/8th-inch hardware mesh and provides a breathable and insulative roof when filled with straw or woodchips. The top-quilt allows moisture to escape your hive while retaining heat; increasing your winter survival rates.
- Increases winter survival rates.
- Sheds the elements.
- Provides winter insulation.
- Allows moisture to escape.
- Easily lift off the roof to reveal the top quilt and bedding.
- Check or changed bedding at any time without opening your hive.