Increase Winter Survival Rates With A Warre Top-Quilt and Roof For Your Commerical Langstroth Hive
If you’re looking for a way to increase the winter survival rates of your 10 frame Langstroth hives, consider replacing your inner and outer covers with these 10-frame Warre Top-Quilts and Vented Warre Roofs.
10 Frame Top-Quilts and Vented Roofs Are Now Available To Order
Orders can be made below. All items will be available for pick up in Edmonton in late May and early April (If you’re using 8 frame equipment of looking for a complete hive. I’d recommend reading about the Beecentric Hive).
A Warre Top-Quilt is a shallow box that sits on top of the hive and is filled with a bedding material such as straw, sawdust, or wood chips. The quilt box has a 1/8th-inch wire mesh bottom that separates the hive from the bedding material and prevents moisture from building up inside the hive. Over time, the bees add or remove propolis from the mesh to regulate the airflow. The Warre Top-Quilt is ideal for over-wintering bees, as it provides insulation from the elements while allowing moisture to escape the hive.
- Provides winter insulation
- Prevents condensation as the inner cover is replaced with the breathable Warre Top-Quilt
- Allows moisture to escape the hive
- Bedding is added into the Warre Top-Quilt and can be changed at any time without opening the hive
- Increases winter survival rates
Top your 10 frame Warre Top-Quilt with a beautiful Vented Warre Roof built to shed the elements. This sloped roof design protects the hive from rain, wind, and snow while ensuring adequate insulation and ventilation. Designed to fit over the 10 frame Warre Top-Quilt, you don’t need to worry about the wind blowing this one off! Oh, did we mention that it also looks great!
- Sheds water and protects from the elements
- Vented to allow moisture to escape through to the Warre Hive Top-Quilt
- Easily lifts off to reveal the Top-Quilt and bedding
- Can be opened in winter without opening the hive